Language:Deutsch English

Stiftung Bauhaus Dessau
Gropiusallee 38
06846 Dessau-Roßlau
Getting here

Opening times
Daily 10-18.00

Visitors' services
Tel: +49(0)340 6508 0
Fax: +49(0)340 6508 226
service@bauhaus-dessau.de

Website
www.bauhaus-dessau.de

The Dessau Masters' Houses
Meisterhäuser Dessau

By Train
DBahn –
      Bauhaus Dessau

The Dessau Masters' Houses
(with information on getting there)
Haus Feininger   
Haus Kandinsky / Klee      
Haus Muche / Schlemmer

Stiftung Bauhaus Dessau

The school of modernism

Walter Gropius founded the Bauhaus in Weimar in 1919: this was the first school dedicated to modern design. The creations of the Bauhaus have long since become icons of twentieth-century architecture and design. The Dessau Bauhaus buildings, designed by Gropius in 1925/26, and the works of numerous Bauhaus instructors and students – such as Paul Klee, László Moholy-Nagy, Marianne Brandt and Marcel Breuer – all exemplify this fact. The Stiftung Bauhaus Dessau was founded in 1994 in order to preserve and to increase awareness of the legacy of the historical Bauhaus, to continue to develop its vision and to devote attention to current topics in design. In 1996, UNESCO inscribed a selection of the Bauhaus buildings in Dessau and Weimar in the World Heritage List.



Click here to view photo gallery ( 9 pictures)